January 31, 2012

The Shattered Red Crock pot

Tonight I had this wonderful idea to try a new recipe that would last me the rest of the week. I carefully got the lid out and placed it on the cabinet. Then I went to get the crock pot when it fell out of my hand and shattered on the floor, hitting my middle toe. My toe started bleeding.... UGHH! Blood for real???

Now I have to tell you about this crock pot, it is beautiful and red, but it was a present from my Big Mama. I talked about this crock pot for a year, I know its just a crock pot, but to me it was a Beautiful red one. If you know me my kitchen accessories are all red..

As I started cleaning up the mess, I looked at all the pieces--big, small, and the tiny little pieces.. Then I realized the Lord was using this to teach me several lessons...
1. We all have shattered pieces in our lives that we are trying to fix.
2. Sometimes no matter how small or big the shattered pieces are in our lives it hurts.
3. From the shattered pieces, we need God more than ever to fix our brokenness.
4. From the brokenness God steps in to full us with his love, and bandages our wounds.
5. God has taken this brokenness to add to our testimony.

Now just like in a blink of an eye, I learned several valuable lessons. If you are broken right now, cry out to the Lord and let him HEAL you!!

Cleaning up the Pieces,
Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment