January 1, 2012

How to Memorize Scripture

Ive had several friends ask me how I memorize scripture, so I thought today I would just share with you!

I write it on several note cards, one by my bed, another for my purse, one to stick on my memory in my bathroom, and then one for my desk at work. I want to see the verse throughout the day.

As I begin my time alone with the Lord, I start by writing the verse in my journal. Then I just pray over the verse asking the Lord to make it come alive and let it just stick to my heart.

In the past I have had a spiral of scripture cards on a ringso throughout the year I can glance back at it. This year I am keeping up with a spreadsheet of the verses I memorize.

Every day for the week I asked the Lord to show me something new about the verse, and I just meditate over the verse. What does meditate mean? That I just sit still in the presence before the Lord and let him speak to me. In the quietness and stillness before the Lord he has so many things for us to share with us if we take the time to listen.

Also when I workout I take the verse with me, as I continue to memorize it. I would love to hear how you memorize your scripture!!

Blessings,
Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment