February 26, 2011

An Opportunity

Lately I have been trying harder to have more conversation with people while I'm checking out, or browsing for clothes. Yesterday, I was in the mall shopping in a cute little store, it just so happened that I was the only lady in the store. The lady working at the store and I started talking and here is our conversation that went down.
Lady: Do you have big plans tonight.
Me: Yes, I'm going bowling with my church single friends.
Lady: I wish I had friends to go and do fun things with.
Me: Do you go to church anywhere?
Lady: Well I'm Buddhist.
Me: Do you go to the Buddhist church?
Lady: Sometimes I go with my College friends. You see I'm just so busy with work and school. I just don't have time for that.
Me: Well I go to church at Prestonwood and would love for you to come visit.
Lady: Going to church just makes you feel good.
Me: Having a personal relationship with Christ makes me feel great. So I started telling her about the different services at Prestonwood and the singles classes.
Lady: Well I'm just always working.
Me: What time do you work on Sundays?
Lady: Not till 12:00
Me: Oh girl you have plenty of time to make a morning service if you ever want to try it out.

One of the hardest things for me to do is to Share my Faith, because I'm so scared I'm not going to know the right answer, but my prayer is Lord let me glorify you, that I would get out of the way and let the Lord speak through me. I look forward to going back and seeing my new friend and showing her just Love, and hopefully we will have more opportunities to talk about the Lord, and what it means to be a believer.

If this is something you struggle with, remember why we are here on Earth is to tell others about Heaven, so we will see them again one day.

God Bless and Love
Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment