February 2, 2011

Chewing on Phillipians
Today I was reading through the book of Philippians getting ready for our Freedom weekend which is next weekend. Freedom is our Disciple Now at Prestonwood Baptist Church. Philippians is one of my favorite books of the bible. I get so caught up in Daily life that when I sit back and read this book, I am encouraged and want to go back to my daily routine and serve Christ even more. Seriously this is a VERY Easy book to read if you have never read it. It only has 4 Chapters. I could blog about so many verses from this book of the bible but for now this is what I am Chewing on..

Will you sit down and Chew on this verse with me?

Phil 4: 5 Let your Gentleness Be Evident to all. The Lord is near.(ESV)


What does the word gentle mean?
Defined by dictionary.com it means kind, not severe, calm,easily handled or managed,soothing, absence of bad temper.

Do you ever get worked up about a situation that has happened in your day? When this happens do you handle it with a Gentle spirit? I know sometimes I get wrapped up in the moment, and think about how all the Time I need to be gentle not just so that it is Evident, but that the Lord is watching me is pleased with my words and actions. I want the Lord to smile and say, Wow, thats my daughter and she is such a Delight as she handles her way of life.

Desiring to be more like Christ,
Jenn
PS... Please be in Prayer for our Freedom weekend (Feb 11th-13th) for all of the students, leaders, hosts, co-hosts that will be apart of this event.
If you live in the DFW area and have a teenager in 7th thru 12th grade and would like more information on this event.. Please shoot me a comment or an email!

No comments:

Post a Comment