February 5, 2011

Being Still
Over the last several days Ive been thinking alot about different family members and things I did during my childhood. Growing up every Saturday night I would spend the night with my Pa-pa and Ma-Ma Smith. They would always entertain me. Pa-pa taught me how to 2 step and we would dance in the living room. Then I would crash out hopefully in my room at their house, but normally I was right in the middle of their bed. My favorite thing on Sunday morning would be to wake up and snuggle in between them with my pillow and wait to be served.... Yes they would drink their coffee in bed and talk. So they started me on coffee at a very young age, except my coffee had a little bit of coffee, lots of milk, and a ton of sugar cubes. As we all drank our coffee we would just talk and I learned many stories of my grandparents. Then we got ready and went to church.

Now I do not know about you but this week I've had to keep warm because of all of the snow and ice. I was thinking how often Do I crawl up in God's arms and tell him everything going on with me? Or just be Still and listen to the Lord. During this week off has been so Great to rest and recharge my own Batteries but more importantly reading and spending time alone with the Lord. I am trying to be Still more and listen to hear our Father in Heavens voice. Just like my grandparents had so many stories to tell me, so does God. So today will you Join me by getting all warm and cozy, get a glass of hot tea, and spend some quality time with the Lord just listening to him and BEING Still.

Psalms 46:10
Be Still and Know that I am God, I will be Exalted among the Nations; I will be exalted in the Earth.

Learning to be Still,
Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment