February 20, 2011

Blessings

I love just catching up with friends and spending quality time with them. Tonight Jenny and I went on a walk and we were just talking and she said something that really Grabbed hold of my heart. Here is her quote,

"I do not want to miss out on the blessing God has for me because I did things my way."

So many times I get so caught up in how I want things that I forget to just wait and let the Lord guide me. We live in a world where we get so focused on what we have to have that in Reality our focus should be on the purpose God has given us.

Here are some blessings that the Lord has revealed to me:
  • Last weekend at Freedom getting to spend time with amazing Junior girls.
  • This weekend getting to hang out with Haley and Zach who are just incredible kids.
  • Working at a school with an incredible boss and coworkers.
  • Having the accountability work out partner who encourages me to be at the gym at 5 am.
  • Spending quality with girls and just getting to be apart of their Journey as they seek the Lord.
  • Learning to depend on God more and more every day.
  • Constantly changing and improving to be more like Christ.
My prayer as I start a new week would be that I would not miss out on the blessings God is trying to show me.
With Love
Jenn

1 comment:

  1. i just love your blog. i love your honesty and openness. thanks for always sharing what God is doing in your life.

    ReplyDelete