January 9, 2011

Life in the Old Testament

This past week I started reading through the Bible in a Year plan. This year I'm reading a section of the Old Testament/New Testament/Psalms/Proverbs a day.

I've really been thinking about people from the Old Testament that lived over double our life time. Can you imagine living that long. I can not. Here are some random things I have thought about over the week:

Who
  • Noah-950 years (Gen 9:29)
  • Shem -600 years (Gen 11: 10-11)
  • Shelah- 433 years (Gen 11:14-16)
  • Arpachshad- 438 years (Gen 11: 12-13)
  • Eber 464 years (Gen 11:16-17)
  • Who were some of these people?
  • What did they look like?
  • Did they have aches and pains at their age?
  • What did they love most about their life?
Isn't it exciting to think about meeting them in Heaven?
And learning the Rest of their Story...

No comments:

Post a Comment