January 21, 2011

I choose to

Eleven years ago today, my world was totally rocked. It was a dreary and rainy Friday, January 21, 2000. After I got out of college on Friday my plans were to drive to Houston to see my dad and eat at Olive Garden with my friend Mandy. But due to the weather we decided to go on a different weekend.
Out to dinner I went with my college friends at Outback. As we were wrapping up with dinner I looked down at my phone and had several missed calls from my Pop. My parents were trying to find me, so as I got in the car headed to meet them I remember looking at Mandy and saying, "Its my dad something has happened."
I will never forget Pop choking up, as he knew the words he was about to tell me were going to devastate me. The words were,"Your dad had a heart attack and did not make it."
Still to this day, I miss my Daddy and his amazing sense of humor.
But in my sadness today I choose to:
  • Thank God for the testimony he has given me through this tragedy. This was a journey I never thought I would take so young in life but it has taught me so much and truly opened my eyes.
  • I'm grateful for the 19 years I had with him.
  • I Look forward to reuniting with him in Heaven.
  • Rest and cling to my Heavenly Father.
  • Remember all of our memories.
  • Thank God for the family and friends who have walked this journey with me.(Especially my Pop who had lost both of his dads.)
  • Cherish Life- and Love those Around me even more!
Cherishing Life,
Jenn
PS Sorry I wanted to upload pictures but I do not have any on the computer..

No comments:

Post a Comment