January 31, 2011

Joseph and Unconditional Love

This year I am reading the Bible in a Year plan by reading the Old Testament, New Testament, Psalms, and Proverbs a day. Over the last week I read one of the stories we were all taught in church growing up.
Recap the story: Genesis Chapters 37-46
Joseph was so dear to his father, and his brothers were very jealous of him, so they sold him off, were Joseph became a slave, then he interpreted Pharaoh's dreams, next his brothers came to Pharaoh to buy food during the famine. Joseph recognized them and left the room and Wept. Joseph told them who he was and still showed love and provided for all of their needs.

Now I am been pondering and admiring Joseph's life and how he could have been so bitter and mean to his brothers but he Embraced them with love. Joseph shows us true forgiveness and unconditional love.

The Lord is teaching me daily, but one thing he is keeps asking me is Am I showing Unconditional love daily in every aspect of my life?

Wanting to Show and Live By a True Example of Unconditional Love,
Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment