June 16, 2011

Vacation Bible School

I have to admit this has been a Great week! We have wonderful 3 year olds, and have had a great group of workers and teens. Deb, has been an amazing director! I was asked to teach the bible story, and we rotate each day into a different room. I was very nervous about teaching a bible story to 3 year olds. But the Lord has shown me to just get out of his Way and let him speak through me. This has been a great way to get out of my comfort zone!

Our story was on the Resurrection of Christ, teaching children about what sin is and how Jesus can live in our hearts!

Well teaching 3 year olds, is totally different than second graders. I really had to study and look up words that would be meaningful to 3 year olds. I have learned 3 year olds really listen when you give them motions to act out. (Thanks Deb for helping me prepare for story time!) It has been a wonderful way for me to grow.

Our Bible verse for this story has been Lead me in the path of everlasting life. Ps 139:24

I will be sad when it ends tomorrow, but I have made memories that I will cherish by getting to work with such amazing girls!

Blessings,
Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment