June 5, 2011

A Day to Remember

Every one has their fairy tale story, and I want to tell you about the one that changed my life. When I was younger my mom sacrificed alot for me. She was a single mom, teacher, and a grad student. My mom never let my needs fail as she balanced life. I never saw her sweat about things. She sacrificed alot for me.
My mom did not date for awhile because she wanted to make life hard on me as she did not want me to get attached to someone and it not work out. Well it just so happened my home church, Denman Avenue had a great singles department for people mom's age. So she started attending the events, and I got to tag along. One night we were at an event and the singles were playing games. I was not the only kid there, and instead of playing with the kids, I walked around to see what the different adults were playing.
Well, Greg asked if I would like to be his teammate, and I could help him. Who knew that he was kind of into my mom.. I did not know that, I was 8 at the time. So they started dating, and I have to tell you, My Pop became the biggest light in our life.
He had never been married and accepted me with open arms. Well the day he proposed to my mom, he asked if he could talk to me in my bedroom. He asked if he could marry my mom... Of course I said yes.. I dont even remember how he proposed to my mom.
Now for those that you that get weepy, you might want to get out your kleenex for this next part. The wedding ceremony was very sweet and sentimental...
I was a junior bridesmaid and in the middle of the ceremony
Pop had written vows to me, and gave me my own ring that represented we were Now a family of 3. It was amazing. Yesterday Pop and mom celebrated their 22nd anniversary!
Pop always says, that we were the best thing that ever happened to him. But Mom and I could not be happier! It has been quite a journey....
Pop has become one of my biggest supporters, and even when I'm having a crazy idea or just not understanding certain situations he listens and just loves me unconditionally...
I inherited a Big Mama who does not believe in calling her grand children -step grand children, in her eyes we are the real deal. I got aunts and an uncle who is Amazing, and my cousins are such a blessing.. The boys(Bill and Kris) always took care of me and gave me great advice and the girls(Courtney, Kristen and Kelli) are like the sisters I never had. Also, my cousins Kris and Bill married wonderful ladies(Shannon Serene, and Shannon Rose) and they have blessed our family with amazing kids(Autumn, Trinity, Ava, and Finn). My great aunts are very active in my life, and pray for me daily.

If you are a single parent out there, thank you for raising your children. I know its hard but keep seeking and trusting the Lord. The Lord will provide and take care of your family.

Happy Anniversary Pop and Mom!
I am beyond blessed~
Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment