June 20, 2011

Recap from the Weekend
After bible school finished on Friday, I had a wonderful lunch with my sweet friends Karen, Amanda, and her boys at California Pizza Kitchen. Then I headed to Lufkin for wedding festivities of a dear family friend Shane Phillips and his wife Brooke! Their rehearsal dinner was at Manhattan Restaurant in Lufkin. This place was so yummy! I had my camera out to take pictures, well I dropped it on the floor and it broke. So I am sad to report I have no pictures from this wonderful weekend. I got to catch up with dear friends and see their children.

On Saturday, my mom and I went shopping and we ran into lots of friends! Then we went and spent time with one of my mom's dear friends Lesa. We caught up on life and it was so refreshing things we talked about.

One thing that really got my attention was that I have to watch what comes out of my mouth! Like when I am having a bad day and I don't think certain prayers are being answered. The Lord is wanting me to trust him more and not let Satan have a hold on those issues. Satan wants to get ahold of my thoughts and plants seeds that are nothing but lies. IF you ever have one of these moments, start quoting scripture and just praise the Lord.

Then on Saturday night the wedding was in Hunington out in the country! The wedding was outside and the bridal party stood under a beautiful oak tree with pretty red balls hanging down on the limbs. I got to sit with all some of the bridal parties children! Also, my Pop was in the wedding and he looked They were so well behaved and just adorable! After the wedding we went back to Shane's parents house for the reception. They had the most delicious sweet treats! It was a wonderful time catching up and seeing the newlywed couple. Also, I enjoyed getting to meet new friends and their children.

After the wedding I went and hung out with an amazing couple, who have a wonderful marriage and are just real! Brett and Kim Burns have truly become a blessing in my life and their son Ethan. IT does not matter what time I get in or what I am doing they make time for me. They encourage and just love on me!

I enjoyed being at home on Sunday to spend the day with my Pop! Also, hearing the message from my home church Bro. Charles who brought a wonderful sermon on Courage. It was for the Father's but it reminded me that I need to continue to Stand Firm and be Courageous in the Lord and to not get content on where I am at with my relationship with the Lord.

I will have to share more later on all the lessons I have been learning through by Walking by Faith! I am attending a bible study starting tomorrow night, Called Chasing the Goose. I look forward to sharing with you what I am learning!

One of my biggest fans is my Big Mama, and she has not been feeling well. So on Sunday afternoon I went to her house to hang out and we had a yummy lunch. It was spicy cornbread with a can of mushroom soup and green chiles. Then we melted sprinkled cheese on top. Yes, I know it was loaded with Carbs but it was yummy! I love cooking with Big Mama!!

Also, please be praying for all the fires that have been started in the East Texas areas. The firefighters are working around the clock and need prayer as they battle these fires!

Enjoying the Journey,
Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment