June 16, 2011

Father's Day for all those who are Mourning

On Sunday, we celebrate a Wonderful day, this day it where we honor our Fathers. Today I am writing to those of you who have recently lost your father or grandfather. Every year, I am reminded that I am blessed because I have two earthly fathers. As you might know my dad, died in January of 2000 of a heart attack.

Let me just be real with you! My heart truly does ache for the pain you are feeling and dealing with right now. Anytime you have to go through the death of a loved one, the first year is the hardest, especially dealing with all the firsts, like him not being here for Father's Day.

Let yourself grieve and truly deal with the emotions that are on your heart. Then find ways to Rejoice on this day or just to reflect on all of the wonderful memories you had together.

During this time when your heart aches, give this to the LORD, lay your feelings at his feet and let God be your daddy, and wrap his arms around you like you have never felt before. Sit in his presence.

If you just want to talk about your dad, do it... Your friends will listen and it is so refreshing to tell them your memories.

Is it okay to be SAD on this day? Absolutely! But take time to go to the Lord and tell him about it.

If you need a good cry, just take it! I can not tell you how important it is to let yourself go through all the emotions, the good, bad, and ugly.

Praying for those around me, who have lost their dad or grandfather, or husband this year!
Love
Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment