June 25, 2011

Memories

I love being in Lufkin and remembering random events that took place in my life. Today I was driving down Timberland. For many years of my life my PaPa Smith had a Car Dealership called Smith's Auto Sales. I would get to go and spend time with both my Papa and Mama while they worked.

One of my favorite things to do was to help wash the cars, or learn how to change the oil, or just watch and learn about the many details of the car business. I loved learning how motors and watching them re-build engines in their spare time.

My Pa-pa went to Be with the Lord on March 13, 1990 (2 days after my 10th birthday). One of the biggest lessons my Papa taught me was to take time for people. He loved selling cars but he loved meeting new people. In fact, there would be days where people would just come and sit inside the dealership and just visit with a good ole cup of coffee.
My papa was never too busy for me. The minute I walked into the car lot, he stopped what he was doing and we would hug and chat. Then I knew he had to get back to work.

Today, as I was thinking about this is Just like our relationship with the Lord. He wants us not to just take time but to have a true relationship with him. God wants us to take time and tell him about our day and what is on our mind.

They sold it in the 90's but its still there even though its had lots of different owners, its still a Car lot and it looks the same from the outside. Even through the memories there are still Lessons to be Learned!

What is your favorite childhood memory?
Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment