June 25, 2011

A Book to Chew On...


Last night as I was chatting with the Brett, Kim, and Ethan Burns, I wanted a project to do while I was in Lufkin. Then I said, "BUT I DO NOT WANT TO READ A BOOK." Over the past few weeks I have been studying very intensely for a certification test. As we were chatting last night Brett jumps up and comes back in the room with the book Heaven is For Real by Todd Burpo. When I got home I just wanted to blog. So this morning I woke up extremely early and started reading. In fact it only took me 2 hours to read! This book is a very easy read, and most importantly it captured my attention. I have been thinking about this little boy's amazing story! What a testimony, Colton has been given.

If you have ever doubted Heaven or not a believer or just need a little insight of Heaven, PLEASE make time to read this book. After reading this book, it made me think about how I live my life, especially my prayer life. For the past few months, I have been journaling my prayers but after reading this book, I need to be spending more time praying and just listening to what God is trying to tell me.

Also, this story reminded me to have a True Child Like Faith. Even though its hard as we get older, this is what God truly wants from our lives to live a Child like Faith!

God Bless,
Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment