March 18, 2011

My Testimony

A Few weeks ago we were challenged to share our story through a video on facebook, and that it should be 2 minutes. Well that was kind of hard for me, and I really want to share with you how much the Lord has done in my life. My world was wrecked when I was 5 years old, when my parents split, and the divorce was final when I was 6 years old. Here is what I learned very early in life, that my real dad would not keep his promises, and he would not show up to get me on his designated weekends. My mom was an amazing Single mom, who truly provided for my every need, and never once said an ugly word about my dad.

On the week of my 7th birthday we were having a church revival at Denman Avenue. It was through the next couple of days that I started asking alot of questions to my mom. The day after my birthday is always very special because it is my Spiritual Birthday, the day were I asked Christ to be my Lord and Saviour, and to forgive me for my sins.

I continued to grow up in the church and have several amazing people in my life that taught me what it meant to love the Lord. When I was nine my life was changed my adding my Pop to our family. He showed me what true Godly love was all about, and he followed through with his promises.

As life continued on, I had some hard hits very on that were very devastating, but through the Lord carrying me, and other people to encourage me, I continued on this Joyful Journey of life. As I started my Sophomore year of college, my Dad had a heart attack and died. This was one of the most devastating times in my life. I was so upset and an emotional wreck, seriously I ate everything in sight. Dealing with my dad's death sent me into a depression, I gained over 40 pounds in a short period of time. When I was so angry that my dad was gone, God again had already gone ahead of me and put amazing men in my life, that had lost parents. My pop, Bro. Kevin, and Bro. Keith, and they continued to give me love, support, and encouragement through this rocky time in my life.

One of the songs, that came out a few months after my dad died, was I can only imagine by Mercy Me, this was the first time I could see Heaven in a different way. There are still some days when I hear this song that my eyes tear up.

The verse that God has given me lately is James 4:8 Draw near to God and he will draw near to you! Here is the deal no matter where you are in life only God can help you when the days are dark, or the days are full of Joy, he wants to be your BIGGEST FAN. If you have not asked Christ into your heart, my prayer is that you will get it settled today. If you have questions about this I would love to talk with you.
Have you shared your testimony with someone? If not I challenge you to tell one person this week, how you came to know the Lord as your Personal Lord and Saviour.
God Bless and Love,
Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment