March 11, 2011

Let's Celebrate
A Tribute to Mama Smith

Yes, today is a Wonderful day to Celebrate my birthday, but it is also a bittersweet day for me to. Five Years ago today my Mama Smith(my dad's mom) went to be with the Lord. As I woke up this morning the verse was stuck in my head:
Phillipians 4:4
Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice!!

This
morning I rejoice that my ma-ma has been in Heaven for five years, spending time with the Lord. But I want to tell you this morning how much she invested in my life. She prayed for and loved me unconditionally. I learned a lot about hosting and serving through her.
Today I miss not being able to tell her all of the things I have accomplished, she would be so proud! I am extremely grateful that she showed me what a Godly woman looked like, by continually praying, reading the bible around me, and most importantly asking me tough questions. So Today I rejoice that the Lord is GOOD, and his plans are Perfect!

Let's Rejoice,
Jenn

1 comment:

  1. My daily verse today is Phill 2:3 and it totally reminded me of you! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete