July 11, 2015

Rise and Shine- it's Jamaica Time

                  
                  Rise and Shine 
               It's Jamaica time 


This morning came pretty early but I was so glad to spend it with my mom. She dropped me off and headed for Lufkin.
After security I go get my last tea for the week. As I'm in line the ladies ask me about my shirt so I tell them what I'm going to be doing. Well I was immediately blessed with a bigger drink than I ordered  and they gave me some tea bags for the trip! I was blown away and just thankful. I find my seat and this study is for the Longs Bc they always say I don't meet a stranger. So the guy sitting by me is from Wichita Falls. Side note they are a group of 35 going to help with construction, hanging out with kids in the orphanage and etc..
Back to the story He says so your a teacher in Allen. This is a long shot but do you know my cousin Katie Massey. Yes my jaw drops Katie and I have taught together, been roommates, gone to church together, and etc. 
pretty cool right!
Today was our travel day  getting to Jamaica. Once we get to were we are staying we unloaded our bags.Then we Went to the school to set up the rooms for the conference. After this we headed to the pier for dinner. As we ate dinner we watched the sunset- which truly is breathtaking. 
After we got back we had our orientation meeting followed by our team meeting. The ladies led our devotional time they had made a spoon with a word written on it. So I reached my hand in the bag the one I drew  has been my word lately- FAITH. Immediately it was a sweet reminder of all I have been learning. 
Our team consists of 15 women from all stages of life. I'm really excited to get to know these women and work with them this week!
Tomorrow is a full day! 
 Thank you for all your prayers! 
God Bless,
Jenn

1 comment: