July 13, 2015

Jamming in Jamaica



This morning when we got to attend a new church service called Uprising that has been started at Fairhaven. Pastor Dave has started this ministry to reach the people in this area. They are focusing on the people on hip street.  This service is set up in the breezeway where we are staying. It was outside with fans blowing on us. Pastor Dave started the service by reading the verse," blessed are those who trust in the Lord." This is a great reminder that at all times we need to trust the Lord. We sang new songs that I will try to upload the videos of it. During the service a precious little boy and girl sat in front of me. They were so just so cute. After service we tore down to get the area ready for unpacking all of our materials that were shipped here. Donna and I went into the shed to hand the ladies there boxes for the week! Have I mentioned it's hot here? Today was a true workout from lifting and carrying boxes from the shed. Everyone pitched in and through the heat we got everything done quicker than usual! each day we will take about 25 to 30 boxes to the conference. We will take new boxes each day which means we will load then into our bus each day. 
As we were preparing bags for each teacher a guy walks up to me and says You look familiar.. I said I live in the Dallas area.. I go to Prestonwood. He says do you know my brother Brian Pruett. Yes I do! In fact didn't I meet you with him at a Roughrider game a couple of weeks ago. 
Small world--he's leading a trip with a different group.

I want to tell you more but I'm tired! Our breakfast is at 6:30 in the morning. We leave for the conference at 7:00 am! The conference will be from 8:00-3:30! 

Thank you for your prayers! 
God bless 
JennSmith
PS I'm blogging from my phone so please forgive me if I have any spelling errors.. 

Remind me to tell you about my new friends!! This story will encourage you!

No comments:

Post a Comment