July 22, 2012

Jamaica Recap
Take 2
Sunday Best

Last Sunday morning we went to church at Hillview Baptist Church.  It sits on top of a hill, I didnt know if our bus would make it up the hill. They have Sunday School in different parts of their sanctuary (all ladies were teaching). The Choir had white blouses with blue flowered print-they looked so pretty.  Again there was no AC, just opened windows for the breeze to come in.  Kathi prepared us though by giving us all little fans to take into church. 

I looked up to notice that there speakers and sound system were caged up so no one would steal it. Doesnt that just make you sad??

The youth sat in the balcony and were so well behaved.  I loved seeing all of the women in their different hats.  We got to be apart of their Baby dedication service which was precious to see baby Javel with all of his parents and family standing around him.

We were sitting on the front left on the 2nd-4th pews.  In front of us sat two boys who were just precious.  In fact Kathi pointed out that one of them kept looking at me.  Well this little boys name was David.  He was very sweet, well mannered, and sitting with his friend. I never saw his parents.  
 We began to read a Psalms which I learned very quickly that my version of the bible they were reading from was very different(King James- I had ESV).  He kept turning around looking at me- like saying why arent you reading from your bible?  He did not have a bible to read from.

I picked up my small bible that has a cross on the front of it- and I felt a nudge to ask David if he would like to see it.  His eyes lit up and he just sat there with his friends looking at this little bible. David told me he had never seen a bible this little.  Also, he saw were I had written in my bible and I told him that I didnt want to forget what I had learned from that scripture.

I will never forget little David and I hope that a seed was planted for him to really cherish and love God's Word. 

Blessings and Love,
Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment