July 22, 2012

Jamaica Recap
Take 1- Our Team

First of all, thank you for all of your prayers, emails, texts, and phone calls I can not even begin to express to you how much it has meant to me.  My brain is still processing the week, so I thought I would break down the week into different takes...(Basically more to come)

Back in November our team was formed, with monthly meetings to prepare for the trip.  Our team consisted of 13 women!  Julie Hill invited me to be apart of this group and join her teaching for Upper Reading, little did I know my life would be changed.  Julie is always a breath of fresh air to me, and like a mother to me. I love hearing Julie pray because she prays with such a passion and with amazing faith.  She is a complete JOY(we also work together at school).


I can not even begin to tell you how much I loves my teammates (my precious sisters in Christ).  I got to know them in a deeper level as we spent the last week together- I was beyond blessed to hear their stories, hearts, and most of all their LOVE for Christ.  We had 13 WOMEN who truly had a blast together.

Each team member was given a travel buddy--Well God knew Becky Walsh was the perfect fit. Little did I know we would have so many things in common and have dealt with some of the same life experiences.  We talked so much through out the week, and she totally inspired me with her faith and obedience in Christ.  Her heart is so precious and I'm beyond blessed to have her in my life now that we are back in the US...

Through out our week long adventure, our team bonded, laughed together, sweated together, spent alot of time together, cried together, but most importantly we saw GOD at WORK.  We saw First Hand- Gods hands were all over our trip!!  We saw the Lord use us for his GOOD to bless the Jamaican teachers.  We saw the Lord protect our bodies as it was VERY HOT and HUMID there.


Im so thankful for the friendships that were made on this trip.
The bonds that were formed and the experiences we made as a GROUP these memories will last a LIFE TIME.  

Of Course, I had to teach them a few songs during our trip.... 
(Cause you can have whatever you like..)


Blessings and Love,
Jenn



No comments:

Post a Comment