February 26, 2012

Its Catch Up Time.....

Wow!! The last 2 weeks have been a blur....

On Thursday February 16th-20th my precious friends Michael and Abby Wood came to town to visit. OF course I loved having a 2 year old in my house. Gavin is so much fun. We played Candy land and Chutes and Ladders every day while they were here. Gavin is really good at playing games. I could not get over how much he has grown and loved chatting with him. He is so much fun! I loved getting to hang out with Abby. We had much needed girl time!


Wedding Shower
Abby and I got to go to a wedding shower for our sweet friend, Tara. I am so excited for her and Ryan! I loved being able to catch up with old friends. I can not wait to see Tara as a bride!

The Power of Prayer
Last week on Tuesday my Precious friend Carla went into the hospital. On Thursday she had to be put on a ventilator. The drs told them they would have to keep her on it for 5-6 days. Praise the Lord for answered prayers--she came off the Ventilator on Saturday morning! She is improving daily! I am so thankful because she is one of my best friends.

Just Thankful
Im beyond blessed with meeting girls that I have gotten to love and spend time with over the past few weeks! It is so fun to hear other girls stories of what the Lord has done in their lives. I love praising God for changing their hearts! It has been such a blessing to meet these girls and to get to do life with them.

The Running....
Well I am learning so much about my body as I train for this Half Marathon. We have been training since December and I loved getting to sleep in this past Saturday. We moved our long run to Friday- boy was I exhausted afterwards. Here is the crazy thing we were suppose to run 7 miles and somehow we did 8 miles... Whoo-hooo! My body is so sore! We are down to 4 weeks before the run!

Engagements----
Ive had several friends get engaged over the last few weeks- so the wedding season will be coming back this late spring!! On Friday night I got to celebrate my friend Meg, as she is going to the chapel. Again---answered prayers-- Gods timing is PERFECT!

Im counting down to my cousin Kristen's wedding in Alabama. I can not wait to see my family!

Reading
My sweet friend Holly, told me about the book Circle Makers- it is a book written all about PRAYER! I can totally tell you that it has rocked my world! I have totally changed the way I have started praying, but I also I have been looking for scriptures that go along with my prayers. Im learning to PRAISE God through the requests I am taking before the Lord. My goal is to finish it this week!


Prayer
On Friday my sweet Aunt Nan will be having surgery for her colon cancer. Please pray for a smooth surgery and that the doctors can get it all! Also for my Uncle Robert-he has Krohns disease and stress does not do well on his body! As my Aunt has reminded me we have been waiting for this day since September-its almost here!!

Teach with Jamaica---
I bought my airline ticket tonight!!! July will be here before I know it!!! I can not wait to go and meet the children in Jamaica! I look forward to working with all of the teachers in the sessions we will be teaching. Please pray as I continue to raise money for this trip. If you are interested in knowing more about this trip, please let me know!!

Well I promise I will update with pictures soon, I broke my digital camera:((
I am excited about this upcoming week to see what God has in store for me to learn!

Blessings and Love,
Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment