May 10, 2011

What's a Memory??

One of my favorite books to read to my students is called Wilfrid Gordon McDonald Partridge. It is the sweetest story about how this lady looses her memory and Wilfrid a cute little boy tries to help her regain it back.

Tonight I keep going back and forth on what to write about so here we go.... I started thinking about this book tonight and about the memories we have deep inside us that are sweet and pleasant but because of life we get caught up of thinking about the stress and problems we might be facing instead of Thanking God for the Precious Memories we have been given.
So tonight I am stopping to share some pretty fun memories....

My Pop
My favorite memory is our water fights in the kitchen when I was younger, yes it made a huge mess but it was so worth it.

Learning how to drive on the back roads of 2 lane roads in Hunington.

My momma
Salvation and all the Graduations, Youth Camps
Trips/Shopping and most importantly just laughing about a certain SONG...

Youth Camps
The good ole DABC bus breaking down....
Or getting tackled to the Ground and tied to a TREE, and boys putting shaving cream all over me...

Babysitting
My very first babysitting job....

Teaching-- My first year could be a book....

My sweet and dear childhood friends: Karla, Paige, Angela, Tiffany, Jen Mac, Carrie Dixon, Allison James, Casey, and the list can go on... But all of these girls listed we sang in childrens choir, some of us sang as an ensemble at church, and we have some wonderful bonding moments...

The list of Memories and Happy Times Comes Running Back....
What are some of your Happy Memories....
When your having a rough or hard day think about the Memories...
Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment