May 22, 2011

Lessons I'm Learning on the Journey

This weekend I just needed to read my bible and different books. I am reading Walking by Faith by Jennifer Rotschild its an actual workbook..
Here are some quotes she said that caught my attention today:
We are all on this journey of faith together. God is the captain of our souls!

When we don't depend on God for direction, we can fail others and ourselves. But when weve traded our independence for the freedom of fully depending on God and the fullness of depending on each other, we are ready to dance.
This made me think about when life is really going good, how many times I say to God, I've got this we are good, when God is like No, Maam. We are in this together, except Jenn I want to lead and be in control of this situation.

Recently I heard someone say, (sorry I can not remember who it was) if you really want it then spend time praying about it. In my prayer journal I have been writing about this certain topic in my life. I can not even begin to tell you how the Lord is using this one topic to ask me questions while Im writing. As I was journaling one morning last week the Lord said, Jenn be specific in this matter, what do you really want? So I started making my list.... IT was a moment I will never forget as I know God has such a sweet plan for my life and he has something AMAZING in store for me but until this prayer is answered I have to sit back and Wait on the Lord...

Now I write alot in my journal these days and especially about verses that are speaking to me. Phil 4:19 (NASB)
And my God, shall supply all your needs according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus.

May the Lord bring you into an even deeper understanding of the love of God and the patience.
that comes from Christ. 2 Thess 3:5 (NLT)
As I sat down the journal my prayer this verse was waiting for me and I have meditated on it for the past few days. I want to love God and Embrace the patience that he gives. Some days I make excuses for my actions because I'm tired or stressed and that does not bring glory to God in my life. But I truly desire to grow deeper in understanding the Unconditional love God gives me daily and I need to show this love at all times.

I would love to hear what you are learning right now!
God Bless and Love
Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment