May 12, 2011

Getting Ahead of God's Plan

Yesterday morning I was reading my bible and read the story of Samson. Now it starts in Judges 13:1 thru Chapter 16.

There are so many little snipets in this story that I love.
vs 8 Then Manoah entreated the Lord and said, O Lord, please let the man of God whom Thou hast sent come to us again that he may teach us what to do for the boy who is to be born.
Samson's parents want to be taught how to raise their child up by God. For me this is a constant reminder of the power of prayer and leaning on God for training on being a parent.

Ch 14:1 Samson saw a girl, and asked his parents to get her for him. Now this is where Samson gets his eyes off the Lord and he thinks he knows best, rather than following Gods best.

As his parents are uneasy about this they head to the land of Timnah when a mighty lion comes up roaring at him. Again God is trying to get his attention to tell him NO....

So I have been chewing on this story for two days, comparing it with how I try to jump ahead of God's plan when I think I know what would be good for me. Then God gentle reminds me by shutting a door or just beats on my heart saying thats not right.

How many times do you try to get ahead of God's plan? Or take matters into your own plan? I pray that today you will be reminded of God's plan for your life. Even though you can not see the whole plan yet and just be patient why you wait on his plan.
Patiently Waiting,
Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment