April 22, 2012

Seeing Christ through a Child's Perspective

I love the opportunity and actually the blessing of babysitting kids in my spare time.  Tonight I got 3 of the 4 kids all tucked in and read a book, said our prayers and then they went to sleep.

Then I picked up the baby and we just rocked for a bit.  As I sat holding him in my arms singing softly he quickly became so Relaxed in my arms.  
Why?  
Because he had total trust in me.  

Now as I sat there and thought about how this baby TRUSTS me.  He knows I am not going to harm him, he knows I am going to love him, and take care of him.

So as an adult why do I struggle with Trusting God, and try to take matters in my own hands.  
GOD has NEVER let me Down- h
e is constantly taking care of me in ways that I might not even acknowledge or realize what he is doing.

Just like I love that little baby to pieces it is Exactly how Christ feels towards me.  He is going to take care of all my needs-- all I have to do is TRUST him and OBEY.

Here are some verses I read this week:
Joshua 23:3
And you have seen all that the Lord has done to all these nations for your sake, for it is the Lord your God who has fought for you.

Joshua 23:8
But you shall cling to the Lord your God just as you have done this day!

Joshua 23:10-11
The Lord fights for you..  Be very careful therefore to love the Lord your God...

I want to be like the child that has true child like FAITH.. My desire is to bring God glory in everything I do and to TRUST him...

Believing, Expecting, and Trusting,
Jenn
 

No comments:

Post a Comment