April 14, 2012

Quotes from Kids


I love the TV show Kids say the Darnest Things...
Well every year I say I need to write down what my students tell me. This week I have had several funny comments from my kids.
  • Miss Smith, "Why do you snort sometimes when you laugh??"
  • One of my girls asked me at the very end of the day if I found a dress to an upcoming May Wedding that I am in. I said, YES!! Another student looks at me and says When are you going to be a BRIDE and wear White. You need to STOP being in all these Weddings.

  • A month ago one of my Girls says, Miss Smith have you met a guy yet? Well I think you should go to Walmart and meet him. Then you could get married over the weekend. (I love how they think its so easy to meet a guy and get married.)
Another Conversation with a girl student from another class:
Miss Smith, "Have you ever been on a tv show??"
Me: No, Why?
Student: You look like Joey( Katie Holmes) from Dawson's Creek..
Me: Well that's a compliment..
I have to admit my kids really make me laugh! I love their honesty and they just say things that they think about--they are not being rude at all about me not being married. They are just so passionate and love me. I am amazed at the comments they share with me. Being in this profession for the past 10 years I have lots of stories from my students. I hope they always remember me as I remember them! I hope they were truly impacted by me as a teacher and will always follow their dreams!

Just Laugh it Out,
Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment