April 16, 2012

Embrace of a Child

Today, I got a new student and as I met her in the hallway she ran to me and embraced me with the Biggest hug. It was our first time meeting and she had the biggest smile on her face. Now a little birdie told me she was from the land of one of baseballs greatest teams. Of Course, my first question was Who do you cheer for in baseball? Oh YES, she looked at me and laughed. She loves baseball!!!

As the day went on, I just watched her as she quickly picked up our daily routines! She just kept smiling and would just walk up and hug me through out the day! I'm reflecting on the day and one sticks out most is how she Embraced me with love without even knowing me. She gave me instant love and gratification. Now isn't that what Christ does with us daily. He embraces us with his arms stretched out open with his LOVE. Even when we do not make the right choices in life, his arms are opened even more.

I am so thankful for this student who has already touched my heart! I am thankful for the reminder to truly embrace everyone I come in contact with, especially when I am in a hurry at the grocery store.. You never know what someone else is going through and with just a little embrace of love- it could change their whole day!

Embracing with Love,
Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment