April 13, 2012




Bucket List
To Run 1/2 Marathon
Rock N Roll Dallas 1/2
March 23, 2012

Wow!! I can not even begin to tell you that GOD was all over this Achievement! IF you know me, I have never been a runner. When my running buddy Sharon, asked me to do this with her, I laughed... Now I have a new hobby... I started running in the middle of December- and every Sat morning have been up at 6 or 7 out running... I did miss my sleeping in on Saturday mornings but I have loved every little lesson I learned from this journey!

So the week before the race, if you have not heard.. Well, I have not been sick in years--guess who came down with a horrible case of bronchitis. Yes it was me. On Wednesday, I was given a steroid shot, and was told there was a very high risk that I would not be able to run on Sunday. Basically I was in the beginning stages of pneumonia. So I called my Pop, and just cried.. I just started praying that the Lord would heal me. Well, the next few days are a blur-literally... I went to bed on Saturday night feeling awful, my lungs were yuck... I could not stop coughing..

So I went to my Pop and mom and we just PRAYED for a Miracle. I woke up at 12:30 ready to go and just laid in my bed praying the Lord would heal me so I could run! I was awake most of the day. At 5:15 Pop came in and woke me up. We had to do the fever check-- I was good.. But I woke up with the biggest smile on my face and a peace because I knew God was going to get me through this race.

Yes, I was a little anxious but it was time to go... After waiting forever, we started running around 8:30-- from the minute the race started I could not stop smiling-- I knew God was going to carry me through. My precious parents and friends were cheering me on and it made me keep pressing on.

My roommate Audrey and Angela made posters for us:
* Oh Hey-- If you know me I love this saying!
*This is my sisters PARTY!
**My favorite saying for the week- Focus on this MILE.
**Hurry Up we are going to be late for Church..

At mile 3 I knew we were Golden, as I saw my sweet parents and friends standing on the corner I felt great and my lungs were clear. PRAISE GOD! At mile 9 my BIG SIS D'Anna Hebert had chocolate for us.

I crossed the finish line and could not find my fam and friends fast enough... But the most important after pics and celebrating-- the coughing started back... I PRAISE GOD for this ACCOMPLISHMENT.

God heard my PRAYER he ANSWERED.. This has made me cling more to the Lord! I am beyond thankful for the relationship I have with Christ. I give him all the PRAISES for this CHECK off the Bucket List.

You can do anything...
Phil 4:13
I can do all things through Christ who Strengthens ME...

Am I finished with running, No I am just beginning!
God Bless
Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment