November 18, 2011

Taking it All In....

This is the 1st year I will not be in Alabama with my Aunt and sweet cousins who are like my sisters! The reason is we are going to be going there in May for Kristen's wedding and then for Courtney's wedding... Looking back we were very bumbed that we would not be together, but now I can totally see the Lord at work! As we need to be in Lufkin to help take care of them!

This morning I started my day asking the Lord to help me have Joy even though I was EXHAUSTED from being up every hour on the hour. After I got an hour of sleep the nurse came in to work with my aunt and told me I had a 30 minute break. I gathered my purse and headed downstairs, to not be prepared of how many people were hurting and just so SAD. I asked the Lord what could I do and he said just give them a smile, and start a conversation. Easy and Simple! As I was walking to the cafeteria, I saw several children with cancer. Then a family sat down beside me as they were devastated as their family member was not doing well. My eyes teared up seeing and hearing some of the stories through out the day. If you know me, when it comes to children it breaks my heart to watch children hurt...

As my friend called to tell me about her disappointment for the day, she stopped and said, I am sorry what you are going through is worst and you dont need to hear my sob story... WHOA!! Hold on... Yes, I do!! I need something to get my mind off of sitting in the hospital room.

We all go through trials, low points, or high points in our lives, but we have to share them with each other. We need to share them with one another, but after seeing and hearing other stories of people, it makes me EXTREMELY Thankful for everything we are going through to stop and SAY Thank you God, Thank you! Because he is in this and in Control....

Extremely Grateful,
Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment