December 31, 2010

Losing a Loved One

Losing a loved one is never easy. I feel like after losing so many loved ones it should be a walk in the park. Right??? No... It's truly amazing to me the different emotions you go through. Like right now I'm typing at 4:30 in the morning because I can not sleep.

Mama Lee(my mom's mom) went to be with Jesus on Wednesday evening. She always told me after our conversations in her exact words were "Jennifer Lee I love you more". I am so thankful she shared with me those words. My heart gets very sad when I realize that my grandmother will not get to meet who I marry. But then I rejoice thinking about her dancing on the streets of gold with my papa and she has a perfect new body.

Here is what God is teaching me right now through this time:
  • God is Faithful.
  • God is Love.
  • God is holding my family in his hands right now.
  • God has sent friends to shower my family with love right now.
  • God is teaching me to make the most of every opportunity. To really follow and be obedient to what the Holy Spirit is telling me to do.

Please be praying for my precious friend Penny Pickard Franklin her husband died in a hunting accident leaving her with Jordyn (6 years old) and JP (4 years old). He was a preacher in New Orleans. Their church lost an amazing man of the Lord. My heart just breaks for them right now and know they will need our prayers right now and in the days ahead.

God Bless and Love,
Jenn

2 comments:

  1. Jenn,
    I am so sorry about your grandma. I am happy you can remember her sweet words to you. Be assured that they came from the heart.

    Love you,
    sherry

    Penny,

    I am so sorry for your loss. Prayers are with your family.

    Sherry Rush

    ReplyDelete