February 10, 2019

Just Be...Celebrating the Victory


Just Be… Celebrating the VICTORY

This past week I set a goal to stop drinking Coke Zero. I’m excited to celebrate the Victory of meeting this goal. I am trying to get rid of things that my body doesn’t need and start with small steps in my weight loss journey.

You see, for me, I don’t always walk in Victory. Sometimes I forget to give GRACE to myself which leads to walking in Defeat. We should strive to walk in Victory and celebrate not just the big milestones but the small ones as well.

What is a Victory?
The dictionary defines it as:
·      The overcoming of an enemy or antagonist.
·      Achievement of mastery or success in a struggle or endeavor against odds or difficulties.

What does God’s Word say about Victory?
1 Corinthians 15: 57
But thanks be to God, who gives us the Victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.

This reminds me to keep walking with the Lord, to dig into scripture, and to walk in Faith that I will have Victory.  I am intentionally looking for the Victories Christ has for me.

Apply:
This week I have added two new goals to my no Coke Zero:

*One is to get up earlier in the morning for my Quiet time (5:00 am)
* No fried food

This week I hope you will be looking for the VICTORY in your life!
I’m praying you will WALK in VICTORY and not Defeat!


1 comment:

  1. Hello Jenn. I am a Pastor from Mumbai, India. I am glad to stop by your profile on the blogger and the blog post. I am also blessed and feel privileged and honoured to get connected with you as well know and your love for the Lord Jesus Christ. Your post on Victory is of great encouragement and I have thoroughly enjoyed it. I love getting connected with teh people of God around the globe to be encouraged, strengthened and praying for one another. I have been in the Pastoral ministry for last 39 yrs in this great city of Mumbai a city with a great contrast where richest of rich and the poorest of poor live. We reach out to the poorest of poor with the love of Christ to bring healing to the healing to the brokenhearted. We also encourage young and the adults from the west to come to Mumbai to work with us during their vacation time. we would love to have you come with your friends to work with us during your vacation time. I am sure you will have a life changing experience. My email id is: dhwankhede(at)gmail(dot)com and my name is Diwakar Wankhede. Looking forward to hear from you very soon. God's richest blessings on you, your family and friends.

    ReplyDelete