January 6, 2019

My Word for the Year


Word for the Year

For the past 6 years, I have chosen a word that the Lord has given me to guide my focus for the year.  Previously, I’ve chosen Strive, Joy, Trust, Believe, Overflow, and others.  Going into this year, I had been praying for the Lord to reveal it to me.

While standing in the middle of Jerusalem, the Lord was speaking to my heart that this year I would have a phrase instead of just one word.  

“Here am I”

Here am I, Lord.  Use me, teach me, let me be obedient to what you have called me to do, and to not let FEAR keep me from being all that the Lord has called me to be.

This phrase kept flying through my head and then, when we were in the Friends of Zion museum, it showed up on the wall.   As we walked through the gift store I saw a ring (that I bought) that says “Here am I”.  Now, I have a daily reminder that God is at work in my life and I’m ready for him to use me like never before.

Don’t be afraid to choose a word or phrase of the year to help you grow in your walk with the Lord this year. 

Why do I choose a word of the year?

Every year I want to grow in my walk with the Lord.  This is a daily reminder for me to keep my focus sharp.  Each year I place the word in several places so I am reminded of it with the hustle and bustle of life.

Will you join me in telling the Lord “Here Am I”.


No comments:

Post a Comment