February 28, 2019

Just Be.. even through the Loss


Just Be... Even Through the Loss

Have you ever just wanted to throw the covers over your head and fast forward through a day? This is how I feel about this day, January 21st, as it was the 19th anniversary of my Dad’s death.

Even after all these years I still remember vividly every part of the day. It was such a cold, dreary and rainy Friday night!

As much as it hurt, and the pain was unlike anything I had ever felt, I’m beyond grateful for my family and friends that stepped in and LOVED me. The days after Dad’s passing seem like I was living a dream each day only to be reminded that this was reality!

Lessons I’ve learned:

1.     If you are walking through brokenness, keep pressing into Jesus! He’s the only one that can heal you! God gives you everything you need.  He is close to the broken hearted.

2.   Don’t push your grief to the side. Deal with it and don’t keep it inside.

3.   Let yourself go through the emotions.

4.   Dig your heels deep into the LORD.   Run to scripture.

5.   After a loss, my sweet friend JenMac wrote scriptures on post it notes and placed them all over my house.

*Side note:  I still have them up in my house.

6. When you need a cry – cry!  When you want to talk about your loved  one- talk about them!

7. As my Uncle Robert said “Just Keep Moving.”

         8.  If you have a friend with a recent loss keep checking in on them.   They need you as they navigate through this journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment