June 5, 2012

What If???

Have you ever thought about something that happened in your life?  Maybe what would you have done differently?  Or what if someone in your life had not come into your life when they did?

Yesterday, I was hit with the thought of what if Chris and Becky Roberts had not invested in my life, when they did!  I will never forget the weekend that my dad died- I was beyond devestated. At this point Chris and Becky had just moved back to Lufkin with two small children.  They saw a need to truly love on me and take me under their wings by asking me to be their babysitter for the summer.   In this time in my life I was truly depressed but waking up every morning that summer was a joy because I got to hang out and love on the most precious 2 little loves of my life.The heartache and the sting of my dads death was still there but having these two little angels in my life took my mind off of things.

Then they moved to Dallas but Becky would always tell me move to Dallas, move to Dallas... and then they were so serious about it that I lived with them for a bit...  I will never forget those days!  

Through their friendship- I have gained a big sis (Becky) and Chris can tell me stories about my dad!  Chris and Becky have given me lots of wisdom about life and have just loved me!  Also, not only have I gotten to babysit for Haley and Z-man-they have become like siblings.  
Yesterday I was able to be apart of all of Haley's graduation activities.  I could not be more proud of her. 

Which makes me go back to the beginning of this blog.  
What if the Roberts had not taken the time to invest in me?  Where would I be?  Would I have ever moved to Dallas?

My eyes were opened to you never know why God places people in your life at just the right time.  It is such a sweet reminder that we are to be investing in others lives to impact eternity. 

Thank you God for allowing them to love on me when I was at a very low point.  Thank you Lord that they did not give up on me! 
Forever Grateful,
Jenn
 

No comments:

Post a Comment