June 21, 2012

Just slow down

This past month I've been trying to slow down and have been reflecting on how time flies. Also I've been thinking about one of my best friends from college- Jeff Walker number 33.Since high school I've always loved sports but until I met this friend I loved the Astros. He was from Mansfield so once I moved to Dallas he insisted we go to Rangers games, explored Ft Worth, and went on lots of outings. Jeff was one of a kind, quiet, loved the Lord, loved hanging with his family and friends, he kept me in check especially when I had a crazy idea- he was great about keeping me in reality. Jeff was living life and following his dreams until Feb 2007 when he was killed in a drunk driving accident. Just in an instant his life was over. I am thankful for the many lessons this friend taught me and how important it is to live each day to the fullest because we do not know the plan God has for us. Recently I've realized the importance of spending more time with family and friends. I hope that my life will impact as many as Jeff Walkers life did..

No comments:

Post a Comment