April 9, 2011

Trying Something New

A few months ago I decided to step out and Face something I am not that great at and something that I FEAR... Co-Ed Softball..

All of a sudden I had this desire to try something new and tonight was our first game. Why is this a FEAR of mine. If you know me I like to be successful at every thing I do, and I've always been intimated by people who are just naturally talented at Sports. Recently I decided to conquer this FEAR...

I was very grateful to have gotten to practice throwing last weekend, breaking my new glove in!

In Tonight's adventure I learned....
  • Wearing cleats is so Fun!! It took a little bit to get use to them but I'm breaking them in.
  • Tonight I played Catcher, it was great, you get alot of action. I wonder how sore I will
  • I asked the umpire what tips could he give me on catching; he just kept saying, "Don't get hit by the ball"..
  • We lost by 1 run in the last inning...
  • Hitting- I struck out and got 2 hits but I got out at First. My hitting needs some work!
I am excited about this new Journey, and I loved being on the field and not in the stands. Also I am so blessed to be on a team that is so encouraging and uplifting.

Stay tuned for more on the Upcoming Season of Softball...
Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment