April 12, 2011

Relish

I am like a little kid right now, wanting to share with you how God keeps bringing me back to this word this week. No, I'm not talking about pickle relish...
Yesterday my Amazing Friend Carla and I have been praying about a certain thing for me, and on Monday God answered that Prayer. As I sent her a text telling her about it, she sent me back a message, that has made me think...

Carla's words, " Relish in the fact that HE cares for YOU!" So of course I started thinking how it was interesting she said the word relish. I hadn't really heard that word used like that before.

As I was listening to a message today, the pastor is talking and Low and Behold, Yep,,, He said to Relish what God is doing in your life.

Tonight, I came home and quickly logged into my computer to look up the word Relish. It has several different meanings, here are some I found on dictionary.com
Relish:
  • to take pleasure in; like; enjoy
  • a smack, trace, or touch of something.
  • a pleasing or enjoyable quality.
  • liking or enjoyment of the taste of something.
  • pleasurable appreciation of anything; liking:
After I looked up the definition of this word I started thinking about how God wants to take Pleasure in my life. Does he see the pleasure when I am worrying or having anxiety about things going on in my life? No, he wants me to relish and focus on Him and the wonderful things he has put in my life and the intimacy of a relationship that I have with the Lord that continues to Grow.

What will you Relish about today?
Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment