December 12, 2018

Just Be Catching the Winks

Just Be Catching the Winks

This week I would like to share one of the first pieces I ever wrote.  My prayer is that every  “Just Be” writing will encourage your Walk with the Lord!

(from 2009)
How many times in a day do you STOP and look at the winks God gives us each day?

Just recently, as I was going through the illness and the death of my grandfather, a very wise woman, said to me, “As you go into this weekend look at the winks Jesus gives you.” 

Well, since this conversation I have really started looking for these winks.  God is looking down on us. He is not only pleased with his children when we are obedient, but He also wants us to know how precious we are by sending  these little winks along the way. 

Sometimes, I need a physical touch from God, and seeing His winks are so sweet that it brings a smile to my face. 

One precious wink I received in the midst of my grief was getting to share with my Uncle Robert the ESV Bible.  Upon seeing this Bible in my car, he started looking through it and it sparked the most unique conversation, allowing me to share with him what Christ is teaching me in the midst of our family storm.

Guess what?  The winks that I get may not be the same ones you receive.  As I have started looking at the winks we are given, I catch myself wanting to share with others these special winks. 

Likewise, when God gives you a wink in the midst of your day, share it with your friends!  You never know the lives you can impact by sharing a little wink with them. 

You are Giving God praise back by telling him you caught the wink.

Food for thought: the word wink is only written 1 time in the Bible.(Ps 35:19-NIV)

Verse for the Day: A happy heart makes the face cheerful, but heartache crushes the spirit.  Proverbs 15:13


This week, I hope you will “JUST BE” Catching the Winks that the Lord sends!

No comments:

Post a Comment