December 16, 2018

Just Be a Blessing


Just Be a Blessing

My prayer is that every “Just Be ” writing will encourage your Walk with the Lord! 

One vivid memory of my Mom has made a huge impact in my life.  Mom would take me with her to deliver poinsettias to different families.   My Mom’s desire was to make them feel special.  She wanted them to know she loved and cared about them. This gift might be for a friend who had blessed her, for someone who had lost a loved one, or simply someone who needed a little encouragement.

This is now a tradition I have started.  At the end of November, I start praying and asking the Lord to show me who to give the poinsettias to.  I love to see the smile it brings as I deliver them.  Sometimes, I just leave them on their doorstep as a surprise.  

For me, it’s not just being a blessing at Christmas, but throughout the year.  I look for ways to encourage and love on the people that have been put in my path.

I’ve learned that it’s important to take time and ask the Lord who I can love on today. It may be a stranger that I can bless.  

Being a blessing doesn’t always involve a gift.  Sometimes, it can be as simple as a visit in the hospital, a kind word to a tired clerk, or a card in the mail.  Blessings take many forms.

During this Christmas season, let us all “Just Be a Blessing”.

No comments:

Post a Comment