December 22, 2015

An old hobby

Back in my mid 20's I got into scrapbooking. The other day I was cleaning out a closet when I ran across my old scrapbooks. Of course I had to sit down and look through them. As I looked through one I had cut out all different cards I had received over the years. Tears  rolled down my face as I read through cards. The hardest thing was seeing words of wisdom and notes from my great aunts who passed away this fall. I'm so thankful to cherish their sweet words. Then I came across words from my Big Mama and Mama Smith which just made my heart beam. Next, I came across a letter from my Pop. He had written me a letter the day I graduated college! Tears rolled down my face as I read it. His words of wisdom and love from my Pop are priceless! 
Even though I've stopped scrapbooking I'm so thankful I took the time to make a card scrapbook. 
                             Thankful for the memories!
                         Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment