February 12, 2013

Wobbles in Life

For those of you who know me I love nothing more than to have a Good time and to dance!  During our Young Singles Retreat I had one of those embarrassing moments and Prideful lessons. We got on stage to dance to the Wobble. (Side note don't try to wobble in Cowboy boots!) Well, a sweet friend turned to me and said, Jenn, I can go lower than you!  Well, this buddy might be younger than me!   Of course I accepted the challenge as I started to go low, my foot got caught on a bunch of cords, to where I fell backwards! It was  TRULY one of my most Embarrassing moments.  Don't worry I stood back up and finished the Wobble.  So I started thinking about in our walk with the Lord, How many times do we wobble?

What does the word wobble mean?
to tilt shift
change position
move unsteadily

This got me to thinking about how many times I have wobbled with my relationship with the Lord.  For example, walking with the Lord and praying so hard about something to see God closed the door or not being  answering the way I wanted so I might have wobbled to not being so close to the Lord.

When you are having a Wobble moment what do you do?
  • Cling to Scripture
He only is my rock and my salvation:  he is my defence;  I shall not be moved."
(Psalm 62:6)

"I WILL love thee, O LORD, my strength.  The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower."
(Psalm 18:1  -  2) 
  • Pray! Pray! Pray!
  • Have an accountability partner to walk through the Wobble moments in life!
  • Journal- So on the flip side you can see how God moves through your WOBBLE moment!
  •  Standing on the Promises,
  • Jenn   

 

No comments:

Post a Comment