August 5, 2012

I Want....

How many times in life do we say I want it..
Or if I was Rich I would want that...
Or since I was a little girl I have dreamed about wanting to be married 
and then wanting to have children.
Or wanting to be a stay at home mom one day....
Or wanting to drive my dream car
etc, etc, etc

but Ive learned that sometimes I have missed the bigger picture....
Here are questions that the Lord has put on my heart:
What does God want for me??
What does God want me to be doing during this season of singleness?
Where does God want me serving?
Who does God want me pouring into?
What seed am I planting to make a difference while I am here on earth?
Who am I impacting?
What does God want me to be reading?
Where does God want my time to be best spent?

Here's what the Lord has been teaching me. 
My eyes and focus have to be  constantly on the Lord.
Sometimes we miss out on some of God's greatest blessings 
because we get caught up in the wants of life.
The wants are not a bad thing but think about 
Changing our Thoughts to being more about what the Lords wants are for our lives.

Which brings me back to 
Matthew 
 6:33

But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you.

Life is short
so lets make the Wants that God has for us count.

Kicking off another Joyful week,
Jenn  

No comments:

Post a Comment