July 13, 2011

Word of the Day- HASTE

Recently I started a new journey by switching one year bible reading plans. Now I am doing the One Year ESV, you read Old Testament, New Testament, a Psalms and Proverbs a day. A few days ago I read the verse in
Proverbs 19:2
Desire without knowledge is not good, and whoever makes haste with his feet misses his way.
Now the Second part of this verse has been heavy on my mind.
In my bible I immediately wrote down by haste to big of a hurry.
So I went and looked up the meaning of haste-
urgent quick action
swiftness and speed of motion, quick
unnecessarily quick action

The reason this verse has jumped out at me is because I started examining my own life and how sometimes I can get in such a hurry that I might miss out on an opportunity the Lord might have for me. In this day and age we live in a world that is very fast pace and can be filled with haste if we do not allow ourselves to stop and slow down we just might miss opportunities just for us!

Blessings and Love
Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment