July 28, 2011

Teachable Moments

Often I have said, the day I quit learning things about teaching is the day I need to retire. This summer I have done a lot of learning. Today, I saw a sweet friend that asked me why I haven't been blogging. Well, I have written some stuff but I did not feel like it was a good post.

Here we go:
This summer I have learned that when you truly trust God and rely on the Holy Spirit he will Guide you. The first part of my summer was studying for the ESL test. If you know me I have huge anxiety when it comes to taking tests. My mom gave me some very wise words, When you come to a question you just don't know ask the Holy Spirit to guide you. I can not tell you how many times I asked the Holy Spirit to guide me through the test. Also it has been a good reminder to listen and be guided by the Holy Spirit.

I have been in the car going back and forth to Lufkin. It has been such a blessing to be able to spend time with family and friends. During the drive back and forth I started listening to Beth Moore's podcast on a Beautiful Mind. If you have not listen to it you can go online and watch Beth. One of the biggest lessons I have learned through this series it is OKAY to say No. IF you know me you know I love to say YES, but the Lord has been revealing to me that I need to be more prayerful before I say YES. I can get so busy and caught up in doing so many things that my time alone can suffer.

You know, we all have things we pray about, and the Lord has used a situation to show me that he has got a wonderful plan for my life, that he has not forgotten about me but he is still shaping up that prayer request.

Deal With it-- During the summer I have realized some very valuable lessons about my relationship with my dad, Bubba. The Lord has so revealed things to me that I had never thought of and just God's love and how he can wash away the hurts and pains in his timing. I thank God for how much he has protected me!! Even though my dad has been gone for 11 years when I was in Lufkin, I was asked if I was Bubbas daughter. Yes, I still look just like my daddy!

Life does give you lemons, but we make the choice of what we are going to make out of the situation. Will we stay firm with our roots planted on the promises of God or will be doubt him?

I know this is a really long blog, but I am trying to recap everything that I have been learning.
If you are not Journaling take the time to do it, you will love going back and reading how the Lord answered your requests or if he reveals a different plan for the request. If you would like to know more about journaling, let me know!
God Bless and Love,
Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment