March 23, 2019

Just Be Steadfast


Just Be Steadfast

            I’ve learned that life is full of ups and downs with many turning points. During discipleship, Chrissie asked me “What book are you personally studying in the Bible”?  I began praying and asking the Lord where He might want me to dig in deeper. The Lord led me to James where I’ve been reading each passage very slowly and letting it sink in to a deeper level. 

            Let’s read James 1:1- “James, a servant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ, To the twelve tribes in the Dispersion: Greetings.” “Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds, for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness. And let steadfastness have its full effect, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.” James 1:2-4 ESV https://www.bible.com/59/jas.1.1-4.esv  

             Literally I was stopped dead in my tracks when I saw the word “steadfast”.  Steadfast literally jumped off the page to me.

Webster defines Steadfast as
a : firmly fixed in place : immovable
b : not subject to change
2 : firm in belief, determination, or adherence

            After reading these verses and these definitions I started reflecting on this in my own life. You see, I’ve found myself being so happy and then hitting the hard times where I get frustrated and may not dig my heels into God’s Word like He wants me to.  

            After reading this, I desire for my life with the Lord to be so steadfast that no matter if I’m walking through a JOYFUL season or a hard season I want to remain constant in my walk with the Lord.  No matter the situation I want to TRUST the Lord for His plan for my life and to increase my FAITH in Him! 

            I don’t know what you are walking through right now but I just want to encourage you to dig deep into the Lord and run hard to Him.  Let Him cover you, guide, and direct your every step!

                                              Just Be Steadfast,
                                              Jenn


1 comment: