November 18, 2018

Just Be Thankful


Just Be Thankful

In recent weeks, the Lord has placed different “Just be” statements on my heart. This week I want to encourage to you to:
Just be Thankful
Now before I start this piece, I know the Holidays bring lots of heartache to people.  I just want to say I am so sorry that the weight of the holidays brings your heart pain. I have learned that there is always something to be thankful for regardless of the circumstances.

It seems like every year goes by faster and faster with the days going by quicker and quicker.  In the blink of an eye another year is gone.  We go through our daily routine with all the hustle and bustle.  Sometimes, a few curve balls get thrown to us that can send us into stress mode. 

About five years ago, I jumped on the bandwagon to write daily “I am thankful”… statements for the month of November.  All of a sudden, I felt convicted that God gives us so many things to be thankful and grateful for all year long.

The definition of thankful is- (adjective) expressing gratitude and relief (an earnest and thankful prayer)

Verse:
Psalms 118:1 Oh give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; for the steadfast love endures forever.


Here are some different ideas to look for ways to be Thankful:
·      Every day reflect on things you are thankful for.  Write 3-5 items in your prayer journal.
·      Write on an index card or post-it note what you are thankful for and place on your bathroom mirror.
·      Tell a friend what the Lord has been doing in your life (you never know the seeds that can be planted by you sharing).   
·      We need to be on the look out for what God is doing all around us.  For example, the beautiful sunrise in the morning, having coffee with friends, spending time with family.

No comments:

Post a Comment