November 11, 2018

Just Be "in the Memories"


Just Be in the Memories

The Lord has placed different “Just be” statements on my heart. 

I’m excited to start sharing what God has been teaching me. I’ve fought posting these because of what people might think of me, etc.  Most importantly, my hope is that these will encourage you to keep seeking the Lord.  On my heart this week I want to encourage to you to:

Just be “In the Memories”…

I’m an only child and longed to have siblings so I feel very blessed by all my cousins.  I’m so thankful that the Lord gave me two boy cousins, Bill and Kris, with me right in between them age-wise.

During Holidays, the boys taught me how to play different card games, eat pizza, and shoot guns!

I looked up to them in so many ways and was beyond proud of them for following their dreams and joining the military.  They both sacrificed so much by being deployed and away from their families…

In January of 2013, our family was shattered with the death of Bill in a car accident.  At Bills funeral, my Aunt Kathy gave everyone green ribbons to wear.  I took my green ribbon and hung it on my rearview mirror.

Every day, I’m reminded of the life and the impact Bill made on my life.  I’ve learned that sometimes I need to take the time to tell family members memories and that I miss my cousin Bill.

With the holidays just around the corner I want to Just Be “In the Memories”, to remind those who are missing their loved ones to cherish those memories, and to encourage others to keep their loved ones close, and to seek comfort from the Great Comforter.

No comments:

Post a Comment