November 23, 2010

Texas Rangers Baseball

A season to remember...

My students have learned alot about my love for sports, especially baseball. Growing up I was a huge Astros fan. I remember in college how we would go to tons of Astros games. My favorite Astros back in the day were Bagwell, Biggio, and Berkman. Once I moved to Dallas, I became a Rangers fan. As we went into the playoffs this season, I got to share with my students how they were apart of seeing history being made. After going to the different playoff games, and being interviewed on the radio before the game verses the Yankees, I started thinking about how excited I was for playoffs. I even put up a wall in my classroom of Rangers memorabilia with articles from the games and etc.

Every day I was just on cloud 9, just talking it up about the Rangers and recapping the game. Then it hit me, why am I not sharing Christ with others or telling them what he is teaching me daily. I realized I get scared, what if they dont receive it or make fun of me... Well this verse has spoken volume to me:
Is 41:10 Do not fear, for I am with you, do not be dismayed for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.



The night the RANGERS beat the Yankees!!!

Up close with Nolan Ryan..


April and I


Kelly and I

Kelly, Katie, and I at Red Sox Stadium vs Rangers

No comments:

Post a Comment