August 26, 2013

The Perfectionist
 
If you know me well, then you know I strive for perfection.  I will work on a lesson or activity, make fifty changes till its perfect.  Last week in my classroom I kept making changes till I got it to fit me....Or if I am baking a new dessert I will make it so many times till I get it Perfected...
 
As I started praying about this upcoming school year, I wanted a new journal.  Well, one of my precious friends had gotten me a gift a few months ago a beautiful journal.
The outside cover reads:
"She didn't have to be perfect because she was... 
PERFECTLY LOVED! 1 John 4:8"
 
Seriously, how powerful is this statement!
Thank you Jesus for reminding me of  this statement every morning as I start a new day! 
This morning as I was Journaling I looked down to read this quote:
"The goal isn't perfection its simply to be in a relationship with Jesus each day!!" 
I'm so thankful that God isn't about me being Perfect but walking with him every day and molding me through life lessons!

Striving to be more like Christ,
Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment